Well I promised to post a lovely Saturday lunch recipe yesterday, but I got so carried away with the sunny day that I clear forgot! Here it follows though…..good for a Sunday supper or a mid-week quick snack!….
Ems’ Bloody Mary Tomatoes on Toast
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 6(ish) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 dessert spoon olive oil
- 1 dessert spoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 dessert spoons vodka
- 1 pinch vanilla salt (or rock salt if you can’t get the vanilla kind)
- 2 pinches black pepper
- a few sprigs fresh thyme or basil (dried herbs if you don’t have fresh are fine), chopped
- 1 slice granary bread / ciabatta, toasted
- 1 small clove of garlic, peeled
- Mix together the oil, worcestershire sauce and vodka to make a sort of marinade for the tomatoes.
- Mix the tomatoes in with the marinade and pop in the fridge for at least half an hour (or overnight if you can).
- Toast your bread of choice on both sides.
- Remove the tomatoes from the marinade (but keep it), place on a baking sheet and sprinkle over the salt, pepper and herbs.
- Grill the tomatoes.
- Rub the garlic over the toasted bread on one side.
- Remove the tomatoes when nicely toasted and pop them onto your toast…..you can also drizzle over the marinade if you like too. Done!
Hope you enjoy!