Last year I decided to keep it simple, and opted for just one New Year Resolution. I decided that I would visit EVERY room at the British Museum by the end of the year. And I failed miserably.
It seemed like a really good challenge at the time, but as usual, things conspired against me. And so I’m thinking that this year, I’ll make a few *actually* simple resolutions, so that I can at least stand a chance of ticking off one of them!…..
- Get organised! This year has been a brilliant adventure of discovery, and a wonderful chance to try out new ideas, but I really must settle down now and decide what I’m going to do with my time moving forward! Whilst I know it’s not in my nature to focus on one thing for very long, I do need to try harder not to get so distracted!
- Keep better accounts! As I build up my brand and sell more, I really must keep better track of what I’m spending and making. I know that it’ll make rather depressing reading as I’m currently making a loss, but it still needs doing!
- Plan ahead! I’ve pretty much decided to concentrate on my art work, rather than the jewellery making from now on, and so I really need to set up a diary of upcoming events such as Valentine’s, so that I can make things in plenty of time to sell them when they’re trending…..I must start working on those Valentines cards this week!
- Get listed as a wedding planner in all the local and London directories. I’m hoping to take on a few couples for this year and next, whether it be just to find a venue, run things on the day, or as a complete wedding planning service. I need to get myself out there though and will be offering free consultations to help get people started!
- Set up a new shop on Etsy! I’m planning to have another shop on Etsy, called ‘Under A Glass Star’ to sell all the antique, vintage and retro treasures I’ve been buying up. I have enough now to fill up a shop nicely, and a good range of things, so there’s no excuse! I also want to get onto Not On The High Street with my art work if I can!
- Improve my photography skills! I know I *keep* saying this, but I really must improve the photos I take for this site, as well as for my Etsy and Folksy shops. I’m looking into little studio lighting kits now to help me out, and will get lots of practice when I set up my vintage Etsy shop.
- Ask for permission from our landlords to get a dog! Our tenancy agreement states that permission may not be unreasonably withheld when it comes to getting pets, and we really want to start fostering dogs soon, so we must write to them to ask!
- Get back to exercising more! The rubbish weather has gotten me out of the habit of my daily walk, but getting a dog should change that! I really want to look into local yoga classes to, and maybe even some dancing classes for Adam and I!
- Finish those bally patchwork blankets! I’ve been meaning to make them for ages, and although I’ve made *some* progress this year, I am still yet to finish either the knitted one (which will be formed of little squares knitted in left over bits of yarn), or the actual patchwork one (which I am putting together with lots of oddments of fabric I have about the place).
- Get my blog hosted! I really want to be able to take up some of the sponsorship and advertising opportunities I’ve been offered, but I have to self host my blog to do that….I’m terrified of the process as I have to back up all the content before switching it and I can just see me losing it all, but I have to bite the bullet some time!
Are you making any New Year resolutions? Did you make any last year? How did you get on?!